Monday, May 24, 2010

Baptised......

I guess I was about 4 or 5 when mom bought me a pair of "pixie" shoes. They were black velvet with the toe curled up and a little jingle bell attached to it. When I walked I sounded like one of Santa's Elves. I loved those shoes soooo much.

One Sunday night while granddad was preaching in the little white church he built...I had to go potty. Mom let me go by myself this time. So...I jingled all the way to the front of the church where everyone could see me.... and "hear" me! I made my way to the restroom only to find it very dark in there. My plans were to step up on the potty lid and pull the string that turned the light on. However, to my surprise, someone had left the lid up.........that was the night me and my little "pixie" shoes were baptised...... halleluryer!

No comments: